Matching dynamic Skin of Color Society Experts with public-facing opportunities to engage, enlighten and educate
SOCS Speaks is our new hub of Skin of Color Society leaders and members who stand ready to serve as experts for:
- Media interviews and contributions—spanning a wide array of print, digital, and broadcast news outlets, including: health/medicine, beauty, dermatology, and mainstream media;
- Speaking engagements before academic, dermatology, industry, patient, and community audiences;
- Social media collaborations with SOCS supporters and patient advocacy, dermatology, and health organizations;
- Consulting projects for medical/healthcare organizations;
- Special branded or co-branded multimedia projects.
Established in 2022, SOCS Speaks was sparked by an unprecedented surge of interest in, and demand for, Skin of Color Society experts to weigh in on highly relevant topics in dermatology, healthcare, science and society.
Many of our SOCS Speaks Experts have undergone media training through the American Academy of Dermatology and other organizations, and/or have had substantial experience in speaking to the media, public speaking, and social media activity.
All SOCS Speaks participants are provided with guidelines for Best Practices for Media Interviews, Speaking Engagements, and Social Media Collaborations, as well as SOCS Diversity in Action talking points.
SOCS Members may register to become active in SOCS Speaks by clicking the APPLY button below to complete a profile.
For details about fees and honoraria, please contact us: SOCSSpeaks@skinofcolorsociety.org
Click here for more information on the Valeant Research Award.
Read published peer-reviewed articles written your by Skin of Color Society members
Did You Know
Skin of color patients comprise the majority in California, New Mexico and Texas…and soon will be the majority in Arizona, Nevada, Georgia, New York and Florida.
By 2042, more than 50% of the US population will have skin of color.