Established in 2004 by Dr. Susan Taylor, the Skin of Color Society (SOCS) is a professional dermatologic organization actively promoting awareness of and excellence within skin of color dermatology through our membership, programs, and engaging collaborations. We are extremely proud of our most recent collaboration with NEJM, VisualDx, and Zoom that has brought to an extensive audience the webinar series, “The Impact of Skin Color and Ethnicity on Clinical Diagnosis and Research.”
SOCS is committed to the education of health care providers and the general public in dermatologic health issues related to skin of color.
- A forum for the exchange of information
- Committed to education
- An a active Research Supporter
- Supporting Career development
- Connecting young physicians with skin of color dermatology experts through our Mentoring program and Observership program
- Celebrating the accomplishments of our member physicians with PhysicianSpotlight
- Continuously fostering and building meaningful connections with our stakeholders, industry partners and general audience
Please send any queries to email@example.com
Click here for more information on the Valeant Research Award.
Read published peer-reviewed articles written your by Skin of Color Society members
Did You Know
Skin of color patients comprise the majority in California, New Mexico and Texas…and soon will be the majority in Arizona, Nevada, Georgia, New York and Florida.
By 2042, more than 50% of the US population will have skin of color.