We are thrilled to let you in on some very exciting news about a groundbreaking project that has been in development for some time, which we are rolling out to Skin of Color Society membership initially, and eventually, the dermatology community and the medical world at-large.
Known for short as DEEP, the SOCS Dermatology E-Learning and Equity Platform is a first-of-its-kind online learning management system that will enable members and non-members alike to learn straight from the experts at their own pace through dermatology educational webinars and practice management content.
This unique educational program is made possible by a grant from L’Oréal Dermatological Beauty Brands: SkinCeuticals, La Roche-Posay and CeraVe. We are truly grateful for their support and collaboration, which has allowed us to develop such an important resource that will be easily accessible to physicians at all career levels.
DEEP is distinctive from other learning management systems in that our platform is CME-based, and serves a valuable benefit of SOCS membership. DEEP is also more practice-focused, rather than textbook-based, and reflects what leading skin of color dermatologists are doing in their practices in treating their patients, so “DEEP’ers” can expect “hot off the press” content. With these exciting points of distinction, we believe that DEEP will be a nimble resource that will offer emerging and highly relevant expert content.
SOCS members will have free and unlimited access to all educational content, and exclusive access for the first six months. Dermatology education courses, spanning a wide array of skin of color dermatology topics, will be taught by SOCS experts, and practice management courses will be taught by leading subject matter experts.
The initial course catalog includes these dermatology e-learning courses:
- Overview of Hair Disorders: Cicatricial Alopecia, taught by Crystal Aguh, MD, FAAD and Non-Scarring Hair and Scalp Disorders in Skin of Color Patients, taught by Amy McMichael, MD, FAAD.
- Keloids and Hypertrophic Scarring taught by Donald Glass II, MD, PhD, FAAD, and Eva Kerby, MD, FAAD.
Additional courses will be added after launch, including:
- Acne in Skin of Color, taught by Andrew Alexis, MD, MPH, FAAD and Candrice Heath, MD, FAAD.
- Melasma, taught by Seemal R. Desai, MD, FAAD and Pearl E. Grimes, MD, FAAD.
- Vitiligo, taught by Pearl E. Grimes, MD, FAAD and Nada Elbuluk, MD, MSc, FAAD.
- Others to be announced.
On the practice management side, free educational content will be offered on such topics as:
- Setting Your Goals
- Digital Marketing Plan
- Your Website
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Best Practices
- Email Marketing
- Business Building
- Social Media 101
- Social Media 102
Check out https:/deep.skinofcolorsociety.org/learn to register and “go deep” with us through our new learning management system!