Answering your queries
Where you send us personal data in the context of asking us a question or query (for example, providing information about how you can donate or join the Skin of Color Society), we shall use the data you provide to respond to your question.
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name and email address, and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner, including personal information that may be contained in any video, comment or other submissions you upload or post to the website. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number; your likeness; and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information.
- Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other IAC businesses, business partners, contractors, and other third parties. Examples of information that we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, membership history, and additional demographic information.
- Information about others. We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift, information that may interest them or messages (such as invitations) through our system, we may store your personal information and the personal information of each such recipient. Similarly, if you use our website to upload, share and/or distribute content (including videos, comments or other submissions), and such content contains personal information about others, such information may be stored in order to allow for such uploading, sharing and/or distribution.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, and the referring website address.
- Cookies. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website. You may also clear or delete existing cookies from standard internet browsers.
This website is hosted in the United States by a dedicated hosting organization. The hosting organization is contractually bound to implement measures to help protect your personal data and not to process such data except in accordance with our instructions. Any future hosting organization used in relation to this site will be similarly bound.
We take reasonable precautions to keep your personal data secure and require third party data processors to do likewise. All personally identifiable information is subject to restricted access to prevent unauthorized access, modification or misuse. Please note, however, that we may release your personal data if required to do so by law.
Use of web tags
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), your rights include:
- A right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data to which you have previously consented;
- A right to obtain a copy of the personal data which we hold about you (we reserve the right to charge a small fee for the exercise of this right);
- A right to object to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing; and
- A right to have incorrect personal data we hold about you corrected
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Skin of Color Society membership services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Skin of Color Society membership services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
If you wish to ask any data protection questions or raise any data protection issues with us, please contact us using the details below:
Skin of Color Society (SOCS)
1932 S. Halsted St.
Chicago, IL 60608, USA
Click here for more information on the Valeant Research Award.
Read published peer-reviewed articles written your by Skin of Color Society members
Did You Know
Skin of color patients comprise the majority in California, New Mexico and Texas…and soon will be the majority in Arizona, Nevada, Georgia, New York and Florida.
By 2042, more than 50% of the US population will have skin of color.