Unique Benefits of SOCS Membership
- As the world’s leading organization dedicated to skin of color dermatology, the Skin of Color Society provides members with a uniquely enriching professional and personal experience. SOCS members can enjoy a wide array of distinctive benefits, including:
- Connection, collegiality, and camaraderie with an international community of colleagues and mentors who share a passion for skin of color dermatology, and a commitment to achieving health equities in patient care.
- Free access to the Dermatology E-Learning + Equity Platform (DEEP), our groundbreaking learning management system (LMS) that enables members to learn straight from leading skin of color dermatology experts at your own pace, and earn CME credit through dermatology educational webinars, as well as practice management content.
- Eligibility to apply for SOCS Mentorship and Observership Awards.
- Eligibility to apply for SOCS Research, Career Development, and Fellowship Awards.
- Reduced registration fees for the Annual SOCS Scientific Symposium, which brings together top researchers from around the USA and the world, who present new research in skin of color dermatology, share key insights, and discuss the continuing evolution of the field.
- Access to abstracts and summaries of Annual Scientific Symposia.
- Priority access to virtual and in-person Networking & Educational Symposia, Diversity Town Halls, and other outstanding enrichment programs, as well as the eligibility to host these educational programs.
- Exciting opportunities to develop professionally, gain leadership skills and share your expertise with the media and the public, including:
- Board, Committee, and Task Force Volunteer Opportunities
- Opportunity to Judge Scientific Symposia Presentations
- Media and public speaking opportunities through the SOCS Speaks program
- Eligibility to be featured in SOCS Social Media and Blog Spotlight
- Inclusion in the SOCS Find a Doctor Database.
- Inclusion in the SOCS Membership Directory.
- Access to Physician-Only Education.
- Access to Online Quarterly SOCS educational publication (Cutis Journal).
- Complimentary Registration to Partner Associations’ Events.
- Access to Members Only section (Coming soon).
Click here for more information on the Valeant Research Award.
Read published peer-reviewed articles written your by Skin of Color Society members
Did You Know
Skin of color patients comprise the majority in California, New Mexico and Texas…and soon will be the majority in Arizona, Nevada, Georgia, New York and Florida.
By 2042, more than 50% of the US population will have skin of color.