The Skin of Color Society Membership Benefits
- Participation in an international community of dermatologists and scientists committed to skin of color dermatology.
- Access to the physician only education section of the website.
- Access to abstracts and summaries of annual scientific symposia.
- Receipt of the semi-annual Skin of Color Society education publication.
- Participation in the annual Skin of Color Society Scientific Symposium.
- Mentor/mentee relationships.
- Annual Skin of Color Society Scientific Symposium.
- Awarding of an investigator research grant to promote research within the field of skin of color.
- Development of culturally sensitive patient brochures.
- Creation of a semi-annual Skin of Color Society publication to promote exchange of published information concerning skin of color.
- Website development with a patient education section and a physician only education section.
Click here for more information on the Valeant Research Award.
Read published peer-reviewed articles written your by Skin of Color Society members
Did You Know
Skin of color patients comprise the majority in California, New Mexico and Texas…and soon will be the majority in Arizona, Nevada, Georgia, New York and Florida.
By 2050, more than 50% of the US population will have skin of color.