In our efforts to promote awareness and excellent treatment options within Skin of Color Dermatology, we offer this resource area to help educate physicians, patients and the general public on skin disorders, diseases, conditions and various treatment and educational options specific to skin of color.
Our dermatology resources include the following:
- AAD Skin Science Teacher’s Guide
- Ethnic skin centers in the United States (PDF)
- Skin of Color Dermatology Textbooks
- 25 URMs Matched in Dermatology 2020
- Educational Videos
- Dermatology Education for Patients
- Blog Articles
- Skin of Color Society Research Awards
- Skin of Color Society Observership Grants
- Skin of Color Society Mentorship Opportunities
- A Time for Resolve, Change, Unity and Hope: A United Message from SOCS Leadership and the Dermatology Section of the NMA
- An Important Message of Solidarity from the SOCS Executive Committee
- Dermatology Application Timeline
- How to Obtain a Position in a Dermatology Residency Program
- COVID-19 Resources
- Cicatricial Alopecia Research Foundation
Click here for more information on the Valeant Research Award.
Read published peer-reviewed articles written your by Skin of Color Society members
Did You Know
Skin of color patients comprise the majority in California, New Mexico and Texas…and soon will be the majority in Arizona, Nevada, Georgia, New York and Florida.
By 2042, more than 50% of the US population will have skin of color.