Abstract submissions for oral and poster presentations are now being accepted for the Skin of Color Society’s (SOCS) 17th Annual Scientific Symposium, which is currently scheduled to take place in San Francisco, California on Thursday, March 18, 2021, in conjunction with the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting. The SOCS Annual Scientific Symposium is a signature program offered by the Society, featuring the latest research and insights from skin of color dermatology experts, thought leaders and researchers from around the world.
The abstract submission deadline for oral and poster presentations is November 30, 2020. Complete instructions and the submission form can be found here.
The following summarizes key details to keep in mind if you are interested in submitting your abstract:
Presenting Author Responsibilities
- The first author listed for each abstract will serve as the presenting author and the primary contact for all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Ensure that all authors have read the abstract and have agreed to be co-authors
- Obtain all the disclosure information from co-authors
- Forward all correspondence to all co-authors
- This program is reserved for Skin of Color Society members and pending members.
- The Skin of Color Society encourages submission of original studies or observation that would be of interest to dermatologists with an interest in skin of color
- The abstract must address scientific or clinical questions, detail clinical observations, or contain primary scientific data.
- Abstracts that do not report any data or have incomplete data will not be considered.
- Data not generally eligible for consideration:
- Data published, either in print or online, by the abstract submission deadline
- Data being submitted or presented at a session of the AAD Annual Meeting in the same calendar year
For clinical trials:
- Interim analysis of a prospective clinical trial will be considered only if it is performed as planned in the original protocol and is statistically valid.
- Data from follow-up of previously presented clinical trials may be submitted only if significant new information can be shown.
- All research and studies that involve human and animal subjects reported in submitted abstracts must comply with the guiding principles found in the Declaration of Helsinki of the World Medical Association.
- No revisions can be made to the abstract after the submission deadline.
Once accepted, a written request for withdrawal must be submitted by the author by January 15, 2021.
SOCS reserves the right to withdraw any abstract that is in violation of SOCS policies and guidelines, including but not limited to:
- Previous publication
- Deemed scientifically unsound
- Found to include inaccurate data
To submit your abstract, visit: https://skinofcolor.awardsplatform.com/