P&G Science Behind Symposium Program:
Arrive late afternoon May 3rd and Depart late afternoon May 5th 2018
Over the past 15 years, Procter & Gamble has hosted more than 200 prominent dermatologists in Cincinnati, OH for a two-day summit called The P&G Science Behind Symposium (a.k.a. Dermatology Technology Symposium). P&G partnered with the Skin of Color Society (SOCS) bring and identify Mentor/Mentee pairs to attend the symposium, enabling idea sharing and relationship building between well-established and up-and-coming dermatologists. Through this valued partnership, P&G and SOCS will bring together top health professionals with leading industry scientists, researchers and marketers to inspire collaboration, innovation, and scientific exchange. The meeting’s ultimate goal is to spur discussion about products with meaningful, measurable and noticeable benefits to consumers and patients. The primary objectives of this program are to:
- Learn more about cutting edge techniques and technologies being used industry-wide to advance skincare products
- Foster collaboration and learning with leaders in the dermatology community
- Gain insight into the science behind top skincare products to help guide patient recommendations
- Network with colleagues and renowned scientists and discuss how new skincare technologies can better serve their patients
Physicians in attendance are guided through the science behind P&G products as well as the latest in skin research coming out of state of the art labs– from anti-aging to sensitivity and everything in between.
- Mentor applicants must be an experienced dermatologist (in practice 10 years or more).
- Mentee applicants must be a resident or young physician (out of residency 10 years or less).
- All applicants must be a member of the Skin of Color Society (SOCS) in good standing.
- The award recipients must be able to travel for 3 days during the selected timeframe.
- The award recipients must be willing to sign a legal confidentiality contract and photo consent form prepared and executed by Procter & Gamble.
Mentor/Mentee Pairing It is anticipated that Mentor/Mentee pairing will represent current or existing relationships, areas of expertise, and research focus. We encourage existing mentors and mentees to jointly apply for this program to better ensure effective collaboration. Our goal is to foster information exchange, ideation, and research sharing via organic, authentic, and at times nurturing relationships.
Friday, March 30, 2018
Click here for more information on the Valeant Research Award.
Did You Know
Skin of color patients comprise the majority in California, New Mexico and Texas…and soon will be the majority in Arizona, Nevada, Georgia, New York and Florida.
By 2050, more than 50% of the US population will have skin of color.