Do you have a passion for skin of color? Is connecting with leaders in the field something that interests you?
The Skin of Color Society (SOCS) mentorship program is a comprehensive program that connects young physicians with an approved skin of color expert from SOCS. Mentoring will be provided for up to one year.
- An annual meeting with your mentor at the Skin of Color Symposium
- Professional development meetings (in-person or virtual) 3 to 4 times per year to discuss goal-setting, practical ways to increase knowledge in skin of color and more
- Participating in a short survey in August and February each year on your mentorship program experience
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Build a positive working relationship with a mentor
- Acquire new knowledge and skills in skin of color
- Participate in research opportunities in skin of color
- Enjoy networking opportunities with other skin of color experts
HOW ARE MENTORS ALLOCATED?
Young physicians can identify an approved mentor with whom they would like to connect or an approved mentor can be allocated by SOCS.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Participants must be existing members of SOCS
- Dermatology residents, fellows/young dermatologists who completed residency no more than 3 years ago
I WANT TO GET INVOLVED! WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP?
Complete the application form and include the required documents (see application form for details). Mentee application deadline is December 15.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Completed applications must be received by December 15. After we receive your application we will contact you within 48 hours. If you have not heard from us within that time frame, please follow-up regarding your application.
Crystal Aguh, MD and Candrice R. Heath, MD
SOCS Mentorship Co-Chairs
1932 S. Halsted St., Suite 413
Chicago, IL 60608 USA
Click here for more information on the Valeant Research Award.
Read published peer-reviewed articles written your by Skin of Color Society members