CALL FOR ABSTRACTS IS NOW OPEN!
Abstract submissions for oral and poster presentations are being accepted for the Skin of Color Society’s (SOCS) 16th Annual Scientific Symposium taking place in Denver, Colorado on March 19, 2020.
Please read the instructions below and then submit your abstract in the form provided. Note that submitting your abstract here does not register you to attend the Symposium. If your abstract is selected for an oral or poster presentation, you will be required to register for the Symposium.
DEADLINE: November 30
Presenting Author Responsibilities
- The first author listed for each abstract will serve as the presenting author and the primary contact for all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Ensure that all authors have read the abstract and have agreed to be co-authors
- Obtain all the disclosure information from co-authors
- Forward all correspondence to all co-authors
- The Skin of Color Society encourages submission of original studies or observation that would be of interest to dermatologists with an interest in skin of color.
- The abstract must address scientific or clinical questions, detail clinical observations, or contain primary scientific data.
- Abstracts that do not report any data or have incomplete data will not be considered.
- Data not generally eligible for consideration:
- Data published, either in print or online, by the abstract submission deadline
- Data being submitted or presented at a session of the AAD Annual Meeting in the same calendar year
- For clinical trials:
- Interim analysis of a prospective clinical trial will be considered only if it is performed as planned in the original protocol and is statistically valid.
- Data from follow-up of previously presented clinical trials may be submitted only if significant new information can be shown.
- All research and studies that involve human and animal subjects reported in submitted abstracts must comply with the guiding principles found in the Declaration of Helsinki of the World Medical Association.
- No revisions can be made to the abstract after the submission deadline.
- Once accepted, a written request for withdrawal must be submitted by the author by January 15, 2020.
- SOCS reserves the right to withdraw any abstract that is in violation of SOCS policies and guidelines, including but not limited to:
- Previous publication
- Deemed scientifically unsound
- Found to include inaccurate data
Click here for more information on the Valeant Research Award.
Read published peer-reviewed articles written your by Skin of Color Society members